Composite Material Resin Development
Composites Evolution Ltd supplies innovative materials to the composites industry. Our materials are used to enhance performance, reduce weight and improve the environmental impact in a variety of market sectors, including automotive, motorsport, sporting goods, mass transport and consumer goods. We are passionate about helping our clients develop new approaches for their products, and we work with designers, converters and brand owners to utilise our materials in their designs. Our products include fibres, resins and intermediates developed to suit a wide range of composite moulding processes and applications.
We are now looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Development Chemist to join our team. The role will primarily encompass:
- Developing thermosetting resin formulations for fibre-reinforced polymer composite materials.
- Production of small batch resin samples for evaluation.
- Testing, validation and economic assessment of resin formulations and their associated composites.
- Support to the implementation of production equipment.
- Liaison with suppliers, collaborators and customers.
- Preparation and presentation of technical reports.
The size and ambition of the company means that there will also be opportunities for involvement in other activities and business areas, and our philosophy is to allow individuals to grow with the company. We are looking for someone with the following essential skills and experience:
- A strong background in a relevant discipline such as chemistry, chemical engineering or materials science.
- A practical approach to problem-solving.
- The ability to plan and execute work across multiple projects.
- Commercially aware.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to communicate technical ideas clearly through both writing and presentations.
- Computer literate.
Desirable, but non-essential, skills and experience are as follows:
- A higher degree in a relevant science or engineering discipline.
- Hands-on experience with the formulation, production and testing of thermosetting resins and fibre-reinforced polymer composites.
- Previous experience of project management.
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role at the cutting edge of the composite materials industry and we can offer excellent prospects for dedicated individuals.
Composites Evolution is located in Chesterfield, within a modern office and workshop environment. Chesterfield is a much sought-after location on the edge of the Peak District National Park, one of the most beautiful areas of the UK.
In preference, please send your applications (CV and covering letter) by email. No agencies.
The salary will be in the range of £25,000 – £35,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Contact: Brendon Weager
Company name: Composites Evolution Ltd
Address: 4A Broom Business Park, Bridge Way, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, UK, S41 9QG
Tel: +44 1246 266 248
Fax: +44 1246 266 249